Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How to prepare for a Qualifier

This one has to be immortalized!! On the basis of the Rifleman's Creed XZealot made a transcription to VtES deck building in general and to preparation for a Continental Qualifier Tournament in particular.

Well done, XZealot!

"How to prepare for a Qualifier"
  1. This is my deck. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  2. My deck is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
  3. My deck, without me, is useless. Without my deck, I am useless. I must play my deck true. I must play better than my enemy who is trying to oust me. I must oust him before he ousts me. I will ...
  4. My deck and myself know that what counts in this game is not the cards we play, the noise of our politics, nor the smoke of our deception. We know that it is the oust that count. We will oust....
  5. My deck is human, even as I, because it is my game. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its combinations, its rhythms and its patterns. We will become part of each other. We will ....
  6. Before Caine, I swear this creed. My deck and myself are the defenders of my pool. We are the masters of the Jyhad. We are the saviors of the game.
  7. So be it, until victory is mine and there is no enemy but the next table of players!!

Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

No comments: