Tuesday, March 16, 2010

VtES Rules: "The Rising" Q&A

Lately a number of questions came up regarding "The Rising", so here's a short "Questions and Answers" summary for the card. Most of the information is taken from the VtES Usenet Newsgroup "rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad". The questions below assume that "The Rising" is in play, and you don't have the Edge or a VP before the action):

Question: If I oust my first prey without having or gaining the Edge, do I get the Victory Point (VP) and 6 pool, or do I get only the VP?
Answer: According to LSJ, you can order the two events (gaining a VP and gaining 6 pool) in any order you want. So you can get the VP first, and then gain the 6 pool (without losing it to the blood bank). On the other hand, if you want to stay low(er) on pool, e.g. to be able to play a "Parity Shift" later the turn, you can loose the 6 pool to the blood bank, and then get the VP.

Q: Do I gain pool for successfully bleeding with "Kindred Spirits" if I don't control the Edge before the bleed action?
A: No, because first the action (the bleed) resolves, that the player being bleed removes the pool, and you would gain a pool for the successful bleed. But because you only get the Edge after the action resolves (and the bleed is successful), you don't have the Edge when the cardtext of "Kindred Sprits" is checked.

Q: When one of my vampires use "Govern the Unaligned" or something similar successfully, can I put counters on a vampire in the uncontrolled region? Or, in other words, are the counters on uncontrolled vampires considered pool or blood?
A: The counters on the vampires in the uncontrolled region are considered blood, so you will gain the counters, even with "The Rising" in play regardless if you have the Edge and/or at least a VP.

Q: If I play "Off Kilter" without having the Edge, do I get the pool and/or the Edge? If I play "Off Kilter" while having the Edge, can I burn the Edge and get the additional pool for it?
A: In both cases the answer is, no. In the first case the pool gets straight to the blood bank, since you don't control the Edge in the first place, but gain it afterwards. In the second case, you gain a pool, but after burning the Edge you don't gain the additional pool since you no longer control it.

References:

No comments: