Adelaide the capital and most populous city of the Australian state of South Australia, and is the fifth-largest city in Australia. Adelaide has an estimated population of more than 1.28 million. Named in honour of Queen Adelaide, the German-born consort of King William IV, the city was founded in 1836 as the planned capital for a freely settled British province in Australia. Early Adelaide was shaped by religious freedom and a commitment to political progressiveness and civil liberties, which led to the moniker "City of Churches". Today, Adelaide is noted for its many festivals and sporting events, its food, wine and culture, its long beachfronts, and its large defense and manufacturing sectors. It ranks highly in terms of liveability, being listed in the Top 10 of The Economist's World's Most Liveable Cities index in 2010.
- Standard Constructed (VEKN Tournament Rules)
- 3 Rounds + Finals
- Registration at 9:30am
- 1st round start at 10:30am sharp
- Entry Fee:
- $10 for the LCQ and
- $20 for the Championship.
- Location: (map to venue)
'Margaret Murray Room'
Union House, Level 4
University of Adelaide
Adelaide SA 5000
- On the website www.wotif.com (postcode 5000) you can find/book accommodation, although limited numbers may be billeted to local players.
- Contact: You can contact the organizers via email (octagon (/at/) internode (/dot/) on (/dot/) net or the VEKN.net forum.
- Disability access and round tables provided.
- Plenty of boardgames and other frivolity to be had over the long weekend so spread the word!