But a different detail caught my attention lately. From time to time you see minions in the deck lists (usually the crypt), who don't seem to fit into the deck in terms of clan or disciplines. But their special ability is so good, that the lack of non-conformity is far outweighed.
Examples for these generic sidekicks are:
- Beatrice 'Oracle171' Tremblay -- the built-in +1 bleed for only 3 pool and 1 to 3 Convictions make Beatrice a cheap, effective bleed module.
- Andre LeRoux -- the latest sidekick worth of note, he's especially good in beat-down deck with lots of vampires, allowing Andre to bleed for large amounts once the opposing vampires have been subdued. So he's quite comparable to Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers.
- Michael Luther -- one of the first generic sidekick vampires; most often seen in vote decks he alone is able to swing a vote around. For some time now, Arishat and Kateline Nadasdy offer similar abilities, but Michael Luther is still the best of the lot.
- Aksinya Daclau -- the only minion with a built-in bleed bounce ability; her capacity makes the sidekick status nearly ludicrous and some players claim that Aksinya is actually the real star in the "Girls will find ..." decks.
- Mylan Horseed (Goblin) -- a cheap, yet robust ally who can successfully bleed. Therefore sometimes even seen in Camarilla decks or decks with no vampires with capacity of more than seven.
Post Scriptum: Wikipedia also has the following information in the same article on Sidekicks:
"One of the earliest recorded sidekicks may be Enkidu, .."